Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's a St. Patrick's Day Miracle!



I know that nobody believes in the Luck O' the Irish... but after what I witnessed first hand today at JC Penney's...count me a believer!

I walked in through the west door (by the shoes) and had a little time to kill before meeting Denise. What do you think I did? I headed to the purses, sunglasses, jewelry section of course. After finding more then a few bags I would like to give a very good home to, I made my way over to the sunglasses. Glancing, really. Not really needing sunglasses on this particularly snow/rain storm filled day. I found a funny orange pair and put them on- then turned to look at my mug. And then it happened.... Through the carousel directly in front of me, the space between, and to the next carousel over I saw them. Glittering in the glow of the warm halogens above were THE perfect pair of sunglasses in all their pink and rhinestone glory!
How do I know they are the perfect pair you ask? Well because I have had them before! Remember them? The ones that are not only the perfect fit, shape, and color- but also double as a tiara when placed on the top of my head for safe keeping.
Sadly, my first pair met with a tragic end at the beginning of last summer. I mourned in my own way (weeping unabashedly at any given moment, listening to some Dashboard Confessional, chocolate to get me through the really tough moments)- but eventually let go. I even went back to the JC Penney's and searched for a replacement pair... only to leave the store empty handed. If you knew me when this happened... you probably remember what a dark time it was for me.
Thank you for your words of comfort.

That was then- but now.. Now life is GOOD baby! I'm back and ready for summer to begin! Bring on the flowers, bring on the warm nights, the bar-b-ques, the chlorine scented air, the flip-flops, the...wait. Flip-flops- forgot about all the naked foot action goin on in the summer...
Oh well. I have my glasses back and can take on anything! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment