Sunday, March 21, 2010

HDR (High Dynamic Range)

Assignment #9:
Take a series of at least 3 pictures (one underexposed, one normal, and one over exposed) ... AKA Bracketting... and then merge them together in a little program to make them an HDR image.

Have you ever seen something beautiful- a sky maybe, or a great shade of red on a car..whatever- and taken a picture of it only to be disapointed when you looked at what you had taken? It's too flat. The colors are not vivid enough. There are places that are so dark in shadow that you cannot tell what it is- or so bright that it looks washed out?

Welcome to the wonderful world of HDR my friends!!

That's right...step right in...watch the step up....

Okay, so here are a couple of my first attemts and I already really enjoy this. They tend to look a little more saturated (an artistic choice that will very from picture to picture and photographer to photographer), and some even look more like paintings than actual photos- but they are just that kids. :)

I hope you enjoy this technique! :)

These three images were combined...


.








.







..






To make this:


.


And these three images were combined...









.


.















To make this:



This last picture is better if you double click on it to enlarge it. There is water and inscription detail on the fountain in back that I didn't even see until I pulled it up on my full screen. :)
Let me know what you think- I love to learn, and NICE, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (as well as praises and accolades) can help me do better next time! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment