Thursday, April 21, 2011

All About Aperture...

I have a wonderful friend who is just beginning the fun [read frustrating] adventure of learning to work her DSLR. She asked me a question about aperture the other day that I remember being really confused for way too long about myself, so I thought I would post a little bit about it.

She wanted to know exactly what the depth of field was for a 1.8f vs. a 22f.

Because I love a good example, I am posting several photos here with the information under it.

As you can see there is a huge difference between a 1.8f and a 22f...but not so much between a 10f and a 22f.


I hope this helps!

If this didn't answer her (or YOUR) question- let me know. If I know the answer- I'll post it. If I don't I'll see what I can do to find it! =D


1.8f Shutter speed 1/8000 ISO 125 50MM


4.5f Shutter Speed 1/1250 ISO 125 50MM


10f Shutter Speed 1/250 ISO 125 50MM


22f Shutter Speed 1/50 ISO 125 50MM

1 comment:

  1. You are the bomb-diggity. That REALLY does help. My mind is starting to wrap itself around it all..."starting" being the key word! :) I did a little photo shoot of Anna the other day and had some interesting turn outs. We'll chat about it. You are such a thoughtful friend to think of me and do this little project. Thank you Dawney!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete